Part Two of the report from our second Arizona trip.
- 5 day, 4 night immersion trip to northern Arizona and Grand Canyon National Park
- Tent camping at KOA Flagstaff for 2 nights; camping (though sleeping out under the stars) at Grand Canyon for 2 nights
- 12 middle-school participants selected from 60 youth who participated in the Parks in Focus Tucson community initiative last spring
- 3 staff members from the Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson
- 3.5 leaders from the Udall Foundation (we just had Sara for the first two days)
- Awesome partner educators, organizers, facilitators, teachers from Grand Canyon NP (woot woot, Melanie!) and US Forest Service
- 6 of the 12 youth will be choosen to join the team for “Grand Canyon in Focus” later this month – an advanced immersion trip back to the park
- Homesickness overcome
- 3 mile hike into and out of the canyon at Grand Canyon completed by all youth and staff
- Spectacular and highly-entertaining choreographed dance preformed by the boys on the last night
- Fear of heights conquered
- Shooting stars viewed while spending the last two nights sleeping outside the tents
Miss part one of highlights from Arizona trip two? Visit here!